Tailwind is constantly being updated; whether it's fixing bugs in the software, or adding new features, we are hard at work improving the Tailwind experience. If you're wondering if a particular bug has been fixed, or curious about what new features have been added, the changelogs below provide a complete list of changes.
Changelog— v1.30 [11/20/2018]
General- Improved messaging around maximum character length for emails sent out from within Tailwind.
Operations- Restored the ability to right-click an Order and 'open in a new tab' from the Orders list.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing Dispatches to be created for a Carrier without insurance.
- Fixed a bug where Orders converted from Quotes were not performing the usual checks against the Customer's credit.
- Fixed a bug that would cause existing column sorts to sort in reverse order when returning to the Orders list.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users without the necessary security permissions to cancel Orders.
- Fixed an issue in the new Advanced Search when using the 'Equals' or 'Between' Operators on a date field.
- Fixed a bug when dispatching a Shipment to an existing Dispatch that prevented the user from paging through the available Dispatches.
Administration- Added the ability to select 'All' Branches in the incoming Payment Wizard, in case a single payment needs to be applied across multiple Branches.
- Added the ability to adjust list size in the Vendor, Personnel and Owner/Operator Pay Wizards.
- Added the ability to reverse the manual 'send to Invoicing' on an Order.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Payable Charge Type and Charge type taxes to not populate automatically for some users.
- Fixed a bug when calculating taxes on negative Revenue line items.
- Fixed an issue in the Incoming Payment Wizard where both USD/CAD Invoices were appearing, regardless of which Currency was selected.
- Fixed a bug where the Remit Name was displaying as the Internal Name on the Vendor Pay list.
- Fixed several issues with back-end logging on Invoice and Bill records.
Tools- Fixed a bug with the Profit by Tractor Summary report that was causing it to return inflated totals when run with the 'Latest Delivery Date' filter.
QuickBooks- Fixed a bug that was causing certain Bill Adjustments to not sync correctly.
Changelog— v1.29 [10/16/2018]
Operations- Dispatch segment 'save' button should now appear as expected.
Changelog— v1.28 [11/01/2018]
General- Fixed a bug that was causing emails from within the Tailwind application to show as being sent by 'Tailwind Mail Server'. All outgoing emails should now correctly show the Branch Name as the sender.
Operations- The Dispatch list has been updated with the new Advanced Search functionality.
- Added Weight, Length, and Pickup and Delivery Reference Numbers to the available Active Columns on the Dispatch list.
- Fixed a bug where you could not update the 'POD Required' field on an existing Order.
- Emailed Quotes and Load Confirmations should now default to the first Contact's email on the related Customer record.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Bills created via Order Quick Create or Quote Conversion to automatically set 'Override Bill Date' to 'yes'.
Administration- The Invoicing list has been updated with the new Advanced Search functionality.
- Exchange rates should now update correctly when posting an Invoice using the 'Transmit and Post' option from the Invoicing list.
ConfigurationSeveral obsolete or unused user security settings have been removed.
QuickBooks- Fixed a bug that caused some Invoice adjustments to not sync over properly.
Customer Portal- Fixed a bug that would cause Shipments not to appear on Quotes displaying within the Customer Portal.
- Fixed a bug with how the Outstanding Balance was being calculated/displayed.
Changelog— v1.27 [10/31/2018]
Administration- Fixed an issue with taxes not automatically calculating on Revenue when added to a Quote, or converted from a Quote to an Order.
Changelog— v1.26 [10/11/2018]
Operations- Fixed an issue with posting Quotes to a Load Board.
- Changes made to segment details on a Dispatch should now display immediately, instead of requiring a page refresh.
- Receivables created on a Quote can now include more than two decimals.
- Fixed an issue where having multiple Automatic Payables, at least one of which included an end date, for a single Personnel would sometimes result in the unexpected recalculation of Bills.
- Quick-adding a Location from a Shipment created on a Quote should now be working correctly.
Administration- Added the ability to put a Bill 'on hold' by toggling on the 'Hold Payment' button in the Bill edit screen.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some Batch Invoices from emailing if they involved a large number of attachments/PODs.
- Fixed a bug when sorting the Receivables list by Customer Internal Name.
QuickBooks- Fixed an issue where historical records (from migrations) would overload the Customer sync page.
Portals- Fixed a bug that caused some Advertised Loads not to appear in the appropriate Carrier portals.
- Improved the loading screen to more quickly display the correct Company Name.
POD Complete- Fixed a bug where reassigning a Dispatch from a driver to a Carrier would cause the trip to remain available in the Driver's app.
Changelog— v1.25 [10/05/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug that was preventing Orders that had been converted from Quotes from being Posted.
- Fixed an issue with how the Advanced Search was interpreting date ranges that was resulting in some records being omitted from results.
- When converting a Quote to an Order, delivery and pickup times will now default to midnight.
- Equipment records set to 'obsolete' will no longer appear by default in the Equipment Status module.
Changelog— v1.24 [10/04/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug with Note Types on the new Quote view.
- Fixed an issue with posting Quotes to a Load Board.
- Fixed a bug with converting Quotes to Orders.
- Adjusted display of Revenue totals on the Quote view.
- Fixed a bug when adding Carrier Rates to Quotes.
POD Complete- Fixed a bug where the second driver assigned to a Dispatch was not receiving Trip details/access.
Changelog— v1.23 [10/03/2018]
New Features- Quotes have been updated to allow a Quote to have multiple Shipments. The Quote conversion workflow has also been updated to allow users to update any missing fields as part of the conversion process. The Quote view has also been redesigned to be more consistent with the other Operations-side record views.
- It is now possible to attach a file when emailing any document from Tailwind, including Trip Manifests, Load Confirmations, Invoices, etc.
Operations- Fixed a bug where changing the Carrier on a Dispatch would not update the related Electronic Load Confirmation documents.
Changelog— v1.22 [09/26/2018]
General- Improved the scaling of List views when resizing the browser window.
- Fixed a bug with batch emailing and attachments.
Operations- Added the 'Driver Name' field to the Available Columns and Advanced Search fields on the Orders List. This will pull Driver Name(s) from related Dispatches.
- Copying an Order will now also copy all Notes on the Order.
- Copying an Order will now change the 'Booked By' field to the current user.
- The 'Margin %' Column should now display data correctly on the Orders list.
- Fixed a bug with the Orders list where all column sorting was saved as Ascending, even when the original sort was Descending.
- Fixed an issue with how Values were displayed in the Current Search area of the new Orders list Advanced Search.
- Fixed several issues with how the Equipment Status page was determining and displaying the 'Next Dispatch' field.
- The system will no longer attempt to validate zip codes for addresses in countries other than CAN/USA.
Administration- Fixed a bug where the 'Previous' button would sometimes disappear when navigating particularly long lists of Invoices in the Incoming Payment Wizard.
- Fixed an issue where the Exchange Rate was not being set correctly when 'Transmit and Post' was selected from the Invoicing list.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Check and Pay Statement totals to display an incorrect amount.
- Fixed a bug with how past Bill Payments were displaying in the Pay Wizards, when a payment was made on a negative and positive Bill with a single check, and then one of the Bills was later adjusted.
- The 'Branch' selection in the Receivables Advanced Search should now correctly display all available branches.
Tools- Fixed an issue with unnecessary/incorrect totals on the Bill Payments Detail report.
QuickBooks- Fixed an issue with taxes when syncing Bills.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some Bill Adjustments not to appear to be synced to QB.
Changelog— v1.21 [09/17/2018]
Operations- Active Column preferences on the Order list will now save correctly.
- Order list status ‘Save’ button will now display correctly.
Changelog— v1.120 [09/14/2018]
General- Updated the support email and training link on the application’s Home page.
Operations- The Advanced Search on the Orders List has received a significant update, and now allows for custom-built filters and operators. The interface has been changed to allow users to build searches term by term, and give greater control when loading and executing saved searches.
- Fixed a bug where newly-created Bills were sometimes not showing up immediately on an Order, but would appear after refreshing the page.
- The currency conversion/exchange rate that was used for a specific Order will now display in the Revenue section header on an Order.
- Quote rate request emails will now include the Quote # in the subject of the email.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to flag locations as arrived/departed on Dispatch segments with two drivers assigned was sometimes returning incorrect error messages.
- Fixed a timeout error that occurred when sorting the Bill Posting list by the ‘Awaiting POD’ column.
Administration- Added a ‘Hold Payment’ flag to Bill records. Bills that are marked as ‘Held’ can be posted, but cannot have payment assigned to them – and the status will appear in the ‘Held’ column in the Vendor Pay Wizard.
- Fixed a bug with currency conversion in the Credit Info section of the Customer Record.
- Fixed a bug that was affecting the ability to email certain Invoices.
- Editing a Bill Payment will no longer automatically set the currency to USD.
QuickBooksFixed a bug with tax types that was resulting in some sync attempts returning ‘Debit GL Code does not exist’ errors incorrectly.
Changelog— v1.119 [08/29/2018]
Operations- Location Names should now show correctly when editing a Shipment.
Tools- Fixed a bug that was causing the Fuel Stop Location drop-down in the Incoming Bill Wizard not to populate correctly.
Changelog— v1.118 [08/27/2018]
General- The system can now warn or block attempts to create an Order using a Customer Reference Number that has already been assigned to an Order in the system. An option has been added to Configuration -> Operations -> Orders labeled ‘Customer Reference Number’, with three settings: allow, warn, and block. ‘Allow’ will allow Orders to be created with duplicate CRNs; ‘Warn’ will warn the user but allow them to continue if desired; ‘Block’ will prevent users from creating the Order without first changing the CRN.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause browsers to issue ‘Insecure Content’ or unauthorized script warnings.
Operations- Orders that were converted from Quotes will now display a ‘Quote:’ field in the summary pane, with a hyperlinked Quote # for the original Quote record.
- Added the Location Contact and Phone Number to the Shipment View, as well as the Location summary modal.
- Existing Customs Broker values should now appear correctly when editing a Shipment.
- Improved error handling/messaging when attempting to Calculate Mileage on a Dispatch.
- Fixed an issue with security permissions that was affecting the ability to view Quotes within a group.
- Fixed an issue with Load Confirmations not populating correctly a Shipment had been Switched between Dispatches.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the Carrier field not to populate when editing a Dispatch, even though it had a Carrier assigned to it.
- Fixed a bug with the drop-down list when selecting a Parent Customer.
- Fixed an issue with how the Expense total was displaying in the general Dispatch view.
- Fixed a bug with the currency conversion options when viewing a Customer’s Credit History.
- Added error handling to Quotes for cases where the NMFC number exceeds acceptable values.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Automatic Payables generated from Owner/Operator-owned Trailers to show $0 totals despite having the correct unit/unit rate.
- Added the ability to link Locations to Customers to allow for better Security-level controls.
- Fixed a bug with Security permissions that would sometimes result in the Personnel list including obsolete records, even when ‘show obsolete’ was not selected.
- Fixed an issue where Dispatches that resulted from Orders that had been converted from Quotes were not correctly calculating Revenue for the Dispatch.
Administration- Bills that are automatically created for Vendors will now always use the Remit Name, rather than the Internal Name.
- Added UDF/Custom Fields to the list of Available Columns on the Invoicing list.
- Fixed a bug that was causing an error when attempting to delete a Bill with an existing Transaction History.
POD Complete- Fixed a bug that would return an incorrect error when users attempted to quickly set both the ‘Arrived’ and ‘Departed’ flags on a Location.
Changelog— v1.117 [08/10/2018]
Operations- Users will now be prompted to add a rate when posting a load to a Loadboard. The field can be left blank, or a rate can be included.
- The text field for adding Shipper and Delivery Notes when editing a Shipment record has been enlarged, and the Notes can now include line breaks.
- Custom fields that are set up as drop-down menus should now be working correctly on Vendor, Equipment and Quote records.
- It is now possible to clear a Batch Code assignment from the Order edit screen.
- Obsoleted Vendor records should no longer appear in the Incoming Bill Wizard or other related pages. - Shipment flags set on a Quote should now save and display correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Security permissions that was allowing users to view Dispatches for which they did not have permission when those Dispatches appeared as search results.
- Fixed an issue with Security permissions that was making it impossible to view Customer details from a Quote or Order record.
- Fixed an issue with Security permissions that was interfering with the ability to remove a Shipment from a Dispatch record.
- The Branch = My Branch Security permission should now be working properly.
- Fixed a bug with Revenue Allocation that was occurring when new Revenue lines were added
- Added date verification to the POD Complete app, to avoid cases where Delivery dates could accidentally end up being set as prior to Pick-up dates on the Dispatch.
- The drop-down list when setting a Parent Customer will now load as a searchable drop-down in order to avoid performance issues caused in larger databases.
- The ‘Dispatch Order’ button in the Order Create process will now disappear after being clicked once, in order to prevent accidental re-clicks.
- Improved error handling in cases of extremely long Customer Reference # entries on Order records.
- Updated the ‘Custom Brokers’ drop-down in Order Create to be searchable.
Administration- Fixed an issue with automatic payables based on % of profit not recalculating when the profit margin changes.
- A fully-paid Bill that is then adjusted should no longer show as fully-paid.
- Fixed a rounding issue when converting Quotes to Orders that would sometimes cause problems when reconciling Incoming Payments.
- Fixed a bug where Bill Dates were not correctly being updated when Posting an Order.
- Fixed a bug with some migrated databases where Tax amounts were not updating properly on Receivable Charges when the rate was edited.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Bill Payments to be incorrectly grouped when multiple cheques were being processed for the same Vendor, but different Remit Names.
- Fixed a bug where the Owner-Operator Wizard was incorrectly including some Bills in the total record count, while not actually displaying those Bills.
Tools- Adjusted the GST Collected Report to only include amounts from Posted invoices.
- Fleet One fuel imports should now correctly create Deductions for Drivers based on cash advances.
- Fixed an issue with EFS Fuel Imports that was resulting in unnecessary, empty Bills being created for Drivers associated with a Fuel Card.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some reports from exporting to Excel or CSV formats.
QuickBooks- Fixed an issue with the exchange rate that occurred when synching an Invoice between currencies.
Changelog— v1.116 [07/16/2018]
General- Updated login page layout and image.
- Fixed a bug with the global Order # search and migrated databases that could cause the wrong Order to be returned when the Order had been adjusted before migration.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent users from being able to delete Equipment Types.
Operations- Canceling in the middle of a Dispatch Create should no longer leave behind an empty Dispatch record.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Orders converted from Quotes to incorrectly show as being converted by ‘Carrier Management System’, rather than the user who converted them.
- Added the ability to search through the Carrier list when selecting a Carrier on Dispatch Create. Added a number of fields, including MC/DOT, Phone #, and Legal Name to searchable fields.
- Added an error message/check when attempting to Convert a Quote that is missing required Shipment field details.
- Add Pick and Add Drop should now correctly preserve the original pickup/delivery time, as expected.
- Fixed a bug with the Customer Quick Search when Creating an Order.
- Fixed a bug with how the exchange rate is calculated when Posting an Order.
- Fixed a bug where the Receivable Charge description would not initially appear when selecting a charge type on a Quote.
- Fixed a bug where the Shipment Details list in an Order record would sometimes show duplicate Shipments if the Order had been adjusted.
Administration- Changed security implementation that was sometimes making it impossible to see adjusted/historical Invoices.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Personnel records to continue to appear in the Personnel Pay Wizard even without any outstanding Bills.
- Fixed a bug with how Sales Commission view security was affecting Bills.
- Fixed a bug where selecting an Account when editing the details of an Invoice Payment would result in the Currency incorrectly changing to USD.
- Fixed a bug with the Incoming Bill Wizard that would sometimes result in the final confirmation message/modal not displaying.
Changelog— v1.115 [07/05/2018]
General- Fixed an issue where the security logic for Customer views made it impossible to select a valid Customer on an Order or Dispatch.
Operations- Added a ‘Customer: Load Instructions’ Note Type. The body of the note will appear on any Trip Manifests or Load Confirmations on Dispatches related to that Customer.
- Added an ‘Equipment Types’ section to Vendor – Carrier records. Adding Equipment Types to this will allow you to search your Vendor List for Carriers who have those Equipment Types available.
- Fixed a bug where the Currency field on a new Brokered Carrier Dispatch was not correctly defaulting to the Vendor’s preferred Currency.
- Selecting ‘Do not check Owner/Operator Insurance Requirements’ in the Configuration settings should now work as expected.
- Fixed a bug with Fuel Surcharge matrixes that was causing it to pull the wrong EIA rates for California.
Administration- Fixed a bug in all Pay Wizards that resulted in the negative amounts from deductions not showing in the calculated total when the Internal Name and Remit Name were different.
Tools- Added a Profit By Trip report to the Operations Reports.
Changelog— v1.114 [06/28/2018]
Operations- It is now possible to set which Equipment Types a Carrier has available on the Carrier’s Vendor record, and search for specific Equipment Types in the Vendor list Advanced Search. When a Vendor is set as a Carrier type, an ‘Equipment Types’ button will appear on the record, allowing the user to add available types to a list for that Vendor.
- Fixed an issue with Revenue Allocation where entering an Amount that resulted in a complicated percentage would then round that percentage and use it to recalculate the Amount, overwriting the initial Amount entered.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for users to create multiple Orders with the same Invoice number, if they repeatedly clicked the ‘Convert to Order’ button on a Quote record.
Administration- Fixed an issue that was preventing searches in the Vendor Pay Wizard from correctly filtering the results.
- Fixed an issue with showing multiple pages of Bills in the Owner/Operator Pay Wizard.
Changelog— v1.113 [06/26/2018]
Operations- Added a ‘Currency’ field to the Carrier Rate quick create section of the Create Dispatch page. Currency will default to the default currency of the selected Carrier.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the user from editing the Customer Contact when creating or editing a Quote.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to update Actual Hours or Pay Hours on a Dispatch segment.
- Fixed a bug causing the State/Province to not display properly when editing a Customer record.
- The ‘Account Number’ field is now available as an Active Column on the Vendors list.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Task List from loading when the number of tasks was particularly large.
- Changing the Branch when creating a Dispatch should now also correctly change the Branch on any Bills created as part of the Dispatch creation process.
- Fixed a bug in the Owner Operator Pay Wizard that prevented the user from changing the Unit Rate on automatic payables from the default value.
Administration- The ‘Pay Date’ field should now correctly affect Total Approved amounts in all Pay Wizards, including on related Pay Statements and other documents.
- Fixed a bug that was causing certain Bills (including deductions) to be excluded from the Pay Wizard when the ‘Remit To’ name on the Bills was changed.
- Adjusting a posted Invoice should no longer recalculate/recreate related Automatic Payables in the case where the original Payable has already been paid and posted.
- When emailing a Customer Account Statement, the system will now correctly use the Customer email as the default email. - The ‘Payee’ column in the Vendor Pay wizard should now correctly display the ‘Remit To’ name from the Vendor.
- Fixed a bug in the Owner-Op Pay Wizard that was sometimes making it impossible to load the second page of outstanding Bills.
QuickBooks- Invoices that include taxes should now synch correctly to Journal Entries in QuickBooks.
Changelog— v1.112 [06/09/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing some Load Confirmation emails to display the wrong Dispatch times.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Orders list to crash when trying to sort by certain active columns.
- Fixed a bug affecting the display of Vendor names in the Carrier Rate section of a Quote record.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Dispatch Route Plan to time out when deleting a Location that had originally been, but was no longer being, used as a Delivery location.
- The ‘Reminder’ column should now display correctly on the Permits list in the Equipment view.
- The ‘Owner Type’ column should now correctly display the type label in the Equipment List.
Administration- Fixed an issue causing problems with the Subtotal when editing payables lines on a Bill record.
- Added ‘Destination’ to the list of Active Columns for the Invoicing list.
- Security Permissions surrounding viewing Bills should now be working properly in the system.
Changelog— v1.111 [06/05/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing taxes to incorrectly be applied to trans-border Orders that originated in the US.
- Fixed an issue with tax calculation that was making it impossible to set Revenue on any new Order with a Shipment picking up in the US and delivering in Canada.
- Shipments created as part of the new Order Create process will now default the ‘Packages’ field to a value of 0.
- Edits to the subject of an Order Note should now show immediately upon returning to the Order view.
- Fixed a bug in the new Order Create that was making it impossible to enter new Revenue lines once you had removed an existing Revenue line from the list.
Administration- Fixed a bug that was causing some Personnel Bills to not appear in the Personnel Pay Wizard.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the ‘Related Order’ column in the Personnel Pay Wizard to always show the related Order as unpaid.
- Added the ability to select ‘List Size’ on the Incoming Payment Wizard, to choose how many Invoices are displayed on a single page. For performance reasons, the maximum has been set to 50.
- The Scheduled Pay Date on a Bill should now update automatically whenever the Invoice Date, Invoice Received Date, or Bill Date is modified on the Bill.
Tools- Fixed a bug that was causing Portal-related options to be hidden in the Configuration menu.
- Updated the description of the AR Aging Summary description report.
Changelog— v1.110 [05/31/2018]
General- Made a number of changes to how Canadian tax types are displayed and implemented throughout the application.
Operations- The Order Create process has been significantly streamlined: adding Shipments and Revenue is now part of the initial process, and happens all on a single page. It is also possible to Dispatch an Order immediately upon creating it.
- When you Dispatch an Order that was based on a Quote with an approved Carrier rate, the Bill and rate will now automatically be created on the Dispatch.
- The system will now warn you when you create a Customer with the same phone number as an existing Customer record.
- Shipment number will now display as the Order number plus the Shipment Index number, instead of the unique Shipment ID.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some copied Orders to not also copy the related Shipments.
- Advanced Searches on the Order list that use the Trailer # field should now be working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Cargo and Liability insurance expiry dates to not display correctly on the Vendors list.
- You can now assign a Fuel Card to a Driver even if you have not set a ‘Driver Type’ in their Personnel file.
- Fixed a bug with Shipment viewing permissions when multiple Shipments from different Orders are present on the same Dispatch.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to set an Order ‘On Hold’.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Delete’ confirmation on very long Fuel Stop lists.
Administration- Fixed a bug that was causing some Bills that were manually set to a specific currency to revert to the Vendor’s preferred currency.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Incoming Payment Wizard from displaying properly when a Customer had more than a thousand outstanding Invoices.
Tools- Fixed a bug that would prevent Fuel Stop Locations from saving properly in the Incoming Bill Wizard.
- Fixed a rounding error that was sometimes preventing the user from correctly associating a Bill in the Incoming Bill Wizard.
- Fixed an issue with FleetOne Fuel Imports that was resulting in some deductions being assigned the wrong date.
Changelog— v1.109 [05/14/2018]
General- Fixed a broken image link in the ‘Welcome to Tailwind’ email.
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing Expenses to sometimes not display on an Order or Dispatch.
- You can now enter an extension for a Personnel record’s Business Phone number.
- Incident Reports should now correctly display the related Trailer #.
- Fixed a bug with the Auto Pay options involving default currencies.
Tools- Invoices for negative amounts should now appear correctly in the Incoming Payment Wizard.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some Bills not to show in the Personnel Pay Wizard.
Changelog— v1.108 [05/10/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug preventing users from sending out emails to multiple recipients.
- Updated the subject line of outgoing Load Confirmation emails to include the Trip number.
- When creating Customers, the system should now correctly pull the default Customer Pay Terms from the configuration setting.
Tools- Fixed a rounding error issue in the Incoming Bill Wizard.
Changelog— v1.107 [05/08/2018]
Administration- Fixed a bug that was preventing users from creating new Expense Items in Configuration.
Changelog— v1.106 [05/07/2018]
New Features- You now have the option of adding a quick Carrier rate/Bill to a new Dispatch during the Dispatch creation process. Simply fill out the ‘Carrier Rate’ field and select an appropriate charge type: the Bill will be created automatically. This should speed up Dispatching significantly in situations where there is only a single payable charge.
- It is now possible to list multiple emails under a Customer record, which will cause any Invoices transmitted by the program to automatically send to all the emails. To do so, simply list all the emails in the field, separated by a semi-colon or comma.
Operations- When Switching a load to a new driver, owner/op or outside carrier, the system should now correctly re-calculate any existing Automatic Payables on the original Dispatch.
- Added an error message when a user attempts to delete a Batch Code on a Customer that is currently assigned to an active Invoice.
- You can now ‘Add Note’ to an Order or Dispatch from the Quick Actions (lightning bolt) button on their respective lists.
- Fixed an issue with re-posting an Order to a Load Board after it had already been previously posted.
- Fixed an issue with the Print Menu when printing from the Quick Action menu on the Orders list.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing records (Vendors, Locations, etc.) with apostrophes in their names from appearing in drop-down lists.
- Fixed a bug that could allow two users to simultaneously create Orders/Invoices with the same Order #.
- Fixed an issue with some Automatic Payables set to apply when ‘Trailer Owner on Dispatch Segment’.
- Fixed an issue with how certain Branch-level permissions were implemented that was causing problems with Dispatches.
Administration- The Bill Date will now update to the current date whenever an adjustment is made to an existing Bill.
- Fixed a bug in the Incoming Bill Wizard that was causing the ‘Amount’ field to be overwritten when adding new Payable Charges/line items.
- Fixed a bug preventing the system from fetching the latest USD/CAD currency conversion rates from the Bank of Canada.
- Fixed a bug with the exchange rate that was causing errors on new Invoices being created by the Incoming Payment Wizard.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some Invoices to appear in the Incoming Payment Wizard even when they had already been fully paid.
Tools- When running Reports with selection criteria, the criteria will now remain visible at the top of the report.
- Added ‘Grand Total’ lines to many reports.
- Updated the Fuel Import tool to correctly import Commdata fuel files.
Changelog— v1.105 [04/24/2018]
General- You should now only be able to select usable file types when Uploading a Company Logo.
Operations- Order ‘Create Date’ field now available as an Active Column option on the Orders list.
- You can now change the Expiry duration when sending out a Load Confirmation. Duration defaults to 24 hours.
- The ‘Leave auto-pay in Order currency’ option should now work correctly when set on Automatic Payables for Owner/Operator records.
- Updated all lists in the Equipment record to use scrolling when the list size grows past a certain number of items.
- The system should now correctly reflect Configuration behaviour when checking (or not checking) Vendor cargo and liability insurance.
- Fixed a bug where Customer Credit limits were being applied when Copying an Order, even when the configuration option had been set to ‘Do Not Check Customer Credit requirements.’
- Customer Create now defaults the POD Type field to ‘Any POD required’.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes result in the ‘Booked By’ field on Orders changing to the current user upon editing an Order.
- Fixed a bug when adding a Travel Doc that includes an expiry reminder to a Personnel record.
- Fixed a bug where updating your Branch insurance would not propagate correctly to any Vendors set to ‘Use Branch Insurance’.
Administration- The ‘Invoice Mailed Date’ field has been added to the Available Columns and Advanced Search options on the Orders list.
- Added ‘Payee Type’ and ‘Paid’ fields to the Advanced Search on the Payables list.
- Fixed a rounding error that was causing some Check amounts to appear slightly off when printing Pay Statements.
- Fixed a bug where removing approved Invoices from the Invoicing list did not recalculate the Grand Total amount.
- Fixed a rounding issue in the Owner/Operator Pay Wizard.
- The ‘Invoice Mailed’ date will now update when re-sending an Invoice via email.
Tools- Fixed a rounding error that was causing some fully-paid Invoices to appear incorrectly in certain AR reports.
- The Profit by Tractor Detail report has been updated to include more information.
- Fixed a problem with how the percentages were being calculated in the Miles Per Truck report.
- Fixed an issue with the Fuel Per Mile report.
- Fixed a bug and improved functionality/clarity around Reefer Fuel entries when importing Fleet One fuel files.
- Removed ‘Flying J’ from the list of supported files for our Fuel Import Tool. Flying J is in the process of rewriting their fuel files, and we will not be able to update our tool until they complete that process.
Carrier Portal- Posting a load to a Carrier Portal will now display only the Shipper/Consignee City and State/Province, instead of the full address.
POD Complete- Fixed a bug where final destinations marked ‘Delivered’ via the POD Complete app were not sending the related Order to Invoicing automatically.
Changelog— v1.104 [04/06/2018]
Operations- Fixed a bug where a Customer’s credit status was not displaying correctly in the Customer record edit view. - Changed the Vendor Type ‘Freight Broker – US’ label to just ‘Freight Broker’, as there is no need to distinguish Freight Brokers by operating country. - Fixed an issue that was sometimes causing Bills to not appear on Orders and Dispatches, despite being present in the system. - Fixed a bug with selecting Trailers in the Order List Advanced Search. - Fixed a bug with Custom Fields for Customer records.
Administration- Clicking ‘Select All’ in the Owner/Operator and Personnel Pay Wizards will now correctly set the default Pay Amounts for each selected Bill. - Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing Invoices with multiple PODs attached to print/send incorrectly.
POD Complete- Added a link to the iOS version of the app to the initial setup/login detail message sent to drivers.
Changelog— v1.103 [04/02/2018]
Operations- Manually accepting a Load Confirmation should now correctly attach a Note to the Dispatch. - Fixed a bug where some Automatic Payables would display the wrong Unit and Unit Rate when in Edit mode. - Fixed a problem with POD attachments not being included when transmitting from the Invoicing screen.
Administration- Fixed an issue with how the exchange rate/currency conversion was being applied when posting an Invoice with Related Expenses. - Fixed a bug that was causing some Checks to display in the wrong currency.
QuickBooks- Fixed a bug affecting tax type mappings when syncing to multiple QB files.
Changelog— v1.102 [03/22/2018]
General- Added security settings to allow administrators to hide/show the Revenue-related fields (Revenue, Expenses, Margin) on Orders and Dispatches. - Fixed a bug related to sort order on a List when saving a list view/configuration.
Operations- Added the ability to Post to Loadboard (and remove from Loadboard) to the Quick Action menu on the Order list. - Fixed a bug with the Electronic Load Confirmation that was resulting in the confirmation page showing double the actual rate. - Fixed a bug where Load Confirmations would send to the original email address, even if the user manually changed the ‘to’ field before sending the email. - Fixed a bug that was making it impossible to change Carriers on a Dispatch after sending, then cancelling, a Load Confirmation request. - Fixed a bug in the Advanced Search on the Order List that was causing filters set for Delivery Company to filter on Pick-Up Company.
Administration- Fixed a bug that was causing some bills to appear twice in the Owner-Operator Pay Wizard.
QuickBooks- The Tax Type mapping panel with now only appear for companies who operate in CAD. - Fixed a bug that was causing problems with Vendor syncs in the case where the Vendors were created in QuickBooks first.
Tools- Improved the Fuel Import process for Fleet One files to better identify Reefer Fuel charges.
Changelog— v1.101 [03/19/2018]
Operations- Added an ‘Advertised’ column to the available Active Columns on the Order List. This column indicates whether or not an Order has been advertised/posted to an integrated Load Board.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Automatic Payables to be duplicated when the ‘Booked By’ field was set to a different person than the ‘Account Rep’ field.
- Added Customer Portal related fields to the new Contact edit pop-up on the Customer record.
Administration- Fixed a bug related to posting Invoices.
Tools- Added the ability to filter by Branch to the majority of Reports.
General- Going forward, new Tailwind builds should update automatically, without any need to clear or reload your browser cache.
- Fixed a bug that was affecting all the date/time fields in the application.
Operations- Added the ability to more quickly view and edit Contacts from the Customer record.
- Fixed a bug when editing Personnel records without a ‘reminders’ target set in Configuration.
- Fixed a bug preventing the deletion of Shipments.
- Fixed a bug when searching the Order list by Order number.
Tools- Improved how Bill Dates are assigned to deductions created through the Fuel Import tool.
General- Made a number of minor changes to User Management layout and labeling to improve clarity.
Operations- The Order Status field should now display within the Order view.
- Custom Fields set to ‘Required’ will now correctly return error messages when left blank.
- Equipment Service records will now automatically be sorted from newest to oldest in the Services list.
- The Fuel Stops view on an Equipment record now sorts the stops from newest to oldest. The ‘Add Fuel Stop’ button has also been moved to the top of the list.
- Fixed a bug that was keeping error messages from displaying when certain Expiry dates were not set on Driver records.
- Fixed an issue with adding a SCAC code to Vendor records.
- Added the ‘Customer Type’, ‘Sales Rep’ and ‘Account Rep’ fields to the list of Available Columns on the Customer List.
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause Invoices to show as posted one day later than normal.
- Fixed a bug that was affecting the visibility of the Customer Rate History list.
- Added a count to the bottom of the Customer Rate History list.
- Fixed a bug affecting the ability to sort the Orders list after removing/changing Status filters.
- All Order Custom Fields should now display correctly in the Order view.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when selecting a Customer from the in-line search results.
- Removing and reordering locations in a Dispatch Route Plan should now immediately update the Map view.
- Fixed a bug when removing ‘Legal Name’ from the Customer List active columns that would cause the list to time out on load.
- Removed the ‘FSC Type’ field from the Customer record, as the process it is meant to support does not currently exist.
- Fixed a bug involving trailer/Shipment length when adding Shipments to an existing Dispatch.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes affect Driver assignment when Switching a load with multiple remaining stops.
- The FSC rate should now update according to the current rate schedule when Copying an older Order.
Administration- Added the ‘Branch’ column to the Bill Posting list.
- Adjusted the behaviour of the Incoming Payment Wizard to automatically show the default applied amount (the full amount) in the Applied column when a Bill is selected.
- Fixed a bug with rounding of Automatic Payable amounts that was occasionally resulting in a mismatch between the total amounts showing in the Owner/Operator Pay Wizard and on the actual pay statement document.
- Invoices in the Incoming Payment Wizard should now be sorted by Invoice Number, rather than Date Posted.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Carrier Default Pay Terms in Configuration to constantly revert to the default.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Currency Conversion rate on Invoices to revert to 1.0000 upon posting.
- Fixed an issue with the Approved Totals in the Personnel and Owner/Operator Pay Wizards.
- Fixed an issue with applying updated Currency exchange rates to existing Orders/Bills.
- You can now reprint a Pay Statement from within an individual CHECK when accessing the check from the Payables list.
Tools & Reports- Fixed a bug when importing Fuel Rebates for Owner/Operators, where rebates were appearing as negative charges, rather than positive.
- Added a ‘Total’ column to the AR Aging Summary report and standardized ‘Total’ column placement across all AR/AP reports.
- Fixed a bug that was making it impossible to export the Bill Payment Details report.
- Fixed a bug with currency conversion on the Profit by Tractor Detail and Summary reports.
QuickBooks- Bills synced into QuickBooks will now show the Invoice/Dispatch number in addition to the Bill number.
- Taxes should now sync to QuickBooks.
- Fixed an issue with syncing Customers or Vendors who have an apostrophe in their name.
- The system should now store your Branch preference over multiple syncs.
Customer Portal- Updated the Order Creation process to guide Customers to add Shipments to any Orders they are creating.
- Updated Shipment Create to more closely match the recent redesign in main application. Also removed several fields that would not be relevant to an outside Customer.
POD Complete- Fixed a bug where a Driver unflagging a Location as arrived was unflagging all Locations on the route.
Operations- Added the ‘State’ field to the Advanced Search for both Orders and Dispatches.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the default Posted Date on an Order to be a day later than intended.
Quickbooks- Fixed an issue that would periodically cause the Connect to Quickbooks button to disappear.
General- Clicking ‘Save’ on a List view will now save the current sort, as well as the choice of and arrangement of active columns.
Operations- Fixed a number of bugs and made several minor improvements to the new Electronic Load Confirmation system.
- Fixed a bug with Orders being Sent to Invoicing that could occur if you deleted a Dispatch after it was already marked as fully delivered.
Customer Portal- Removed the ‘Add Shipment’ button from existing/live Orders.
Tools- Fixed an issue with how the AP Summary Report was pulling payment values.
Operations- Fixed a bug that would result in an Order posted from within the record ignoring the configuration default for Order Post Date.
- Fixed an issue with exporting Order lists from larger databases; users will now be prompted to submit an email to which the exported file will be emailed once the export is complete.
- The Default Type in Customer settings should now correctly apply when creating a new Customer.
Administration- Fixed a bug that was causing Automatic Payables to appear on both Company Truck and Brokered loads, even when they were set to only appear on one or the other.
- Fixed a bug with the validation of the Subtotal when creating a Payable charge.
- Fixed a bug that was causing non-taxable Customer types (such as Broker) to default to the wrong tax types on new revenue lines.
Tools- Fixed an issue with how the AR Aging Report was pulling payment values.
Customer Portal- The Account and Sales Rep should now properly receive a notification email when a Customer creates a Quote or Order via their Customer Portal.
- Fixed a bug with the registration email that was stripping the company code out of the link URL.
General- Fixed an issue that was stripping the formatting (e.g. line breaks) out of emails before sending them.
- Fixed an issue that would cause emails with long ‘body’ fields to fail to send.
- Fixed a bug with sending emails to multiple recipients.
Administration- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause multiple Bills to be created when adding a Bonus/Deduction.
General- It is now possible to have more than one record with the same Remit or Legal name (Internal Name must still be unique.)
- You can now add multiple recipients when sending out emails from various points in the application – e.g. emailing an Invoice.
Operations- Fixed a bug with flagging Dispatch locations arrived/departed.
- Fixed a bug with the interaction between Automatic Payables, Dispatches, and Dispatch Segments.
- Fixed an issue where updating the time on a Dispatch segment would correctly update in the database, but not display to the user.
- Personnel Record reminder fields will now properly create and update Tasks.
- Equipment Record reminder fields will now properly create and update Tasks.
Tools- Updated the currency conversion on a number of reports.
- Fixed a bug when switching to ‘Trailers’ in the Equipment Tracker.
General- Fixed a bug where saving edits to Internal Notes would return you to the edit mode indefinitely.
- Adjusted how Notes are sorted to ensure that the most recent Notes appear at the top of the list.
Operations- Automatic Payables derived from Revenue/Expenses should now update correctly when the derived value is edited/changed.
- Fixed a bug in how trailer status was being displayed in the Equipment Tracker (when Dropped or upon completed/delivered Dispatch.)
- Vendors with ‘Freight Broker – US’ as their Vendor Type will now appear on the ‘Carrier’ drop-down list for Dispatching.
- Added error messaging and fixed a bug that occurred when trying to delete an Order with a related Bill that has already been paid.
- Fixed a bug where updating the Customer Address was not updating the Billing Address, even when the Billing Address was set ‘same as Primary Address’.
- Fixed a bug causing the system to return Customer Credit errors/warnings even when ‘Do Not Check Customer Credit Requirements’ Order Setting was turned on.
- Updated Customer Rate History to correctly display the Order number in the Order # column.
- Fixed several bugs with Automatic Payables that were occurring when a Driver was added to the second (or later) segment of a Dispatch.
- Fixed a bug affecting Automatic Payables that are based on a Trailer being assigned to a Dispatch. These should now create/populate correctly.
- Fixed a bug related to the display of Tractor Types on Equipment record views.
- Fixed a bug with Carrier Insurance where the system would not check the expiry date if no date had been set on the Vendor at all.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some Order List view columns to sort incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the total Expenses on a Dispatch to show incorrectly in cases where multiple related Orders had their own Expenses.
Administration- The ‘Total Approved’ field in the Owner/Operator and Personnel Pay wizards should now update properly when using ‘Select All’ and ‘Clear All’.
- Added the ability to filter between currencies to several reports.
- Fixed a bug where the Owner/Operator Pay Wizard was not correctly defaulting to the Owner/Operator’s preferred currency.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause editing a Bill to change its Bill Date.
- Fixed a bug with rounding revenue items past 3 decimal places.
Tools- Added a number of new reports: Accounts Reconcile, Foreign Exchange, Received payments, Transaction List By Customer, Transaction List By Vendor, and Outstanding Bills Over X days w/ Customer Paid. - Added the ability to exclude Pending/Unposted Orders from the AR Aging Detail report.
- Updated AP Aging Summary report to only show Vendors with outstanding Bills.
- Fixed a bug with how Bill Aging information is displayed in the AP Aging Detail and Summary reports.
- Added the ability to filter based on Currency on AR and AP reports.
- Updated ‘Export PDF’ functionality for Reports to work with new changes to Chrome and Firefox browser standards.
- Changed name of ‘1099 Details’ report to ‘Bill Payment Details’.
- Fixed a bug and made other improvements to the ‘Miles Per Truck Summary’, ‘Miles Per Truck Detailed’ and ‘Loaded Miles Total Miles’ reports.
Customer Portal- Shipment details should now display both the Scheduled pickup/delivery times and the Actual pickup/delivery times recorded in the related Dispatch.
General- Several Cost/Profit-related fields (Revenue, Expenses, Margin, etc.) have been added to the Available Columns lists on the Order, Dispatch, and Invoicing List views.
Operations- Fixed a bug in the Vendor Rate History radius search implementation.
- Improved Revenue/Expenses/Margin display logic on Orders where expenses and revenue are using different currencies.
- Fixed a bug that was causing ‘weight requirement’ errors when adding new shipments to an existing dispatch.
- Fixed a bug that was making it impossible to use decimal places in the Units field of Receivable Charges.
- Fixed a bug where edits to a Personnel record’s Travel Documents were not saving properly.
- Updated the Task record view to display the ‘Related Record’ in a more helpful format.
New FeaturesAdded Quick Order # and Dispatch # searches to the top of the application page.
You can now search within a radius around a specific location in the Location list and Customer and Vendor Rate History tools.
General- Fixed multiple bugs with the advanced user security settings.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Search results were interacting poorly with the Status Filters on Order and Dispatch Lists, briefly displaying confusing/incorrect results.
- Fixed a bug where Custom Fields were not displaying properly when selected as Active Columns on the List Views.
Operations- The Customer’s available Credit will now display when editing their Credit information.
- Automatic Payables based on ‘Profit’ or ‘Profit inc Driver Pay’ will now calculate correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the new Revenue Allocation system was not properly affecting Automatic Payables.
- Fixed a back-end issue with Trip Manifest documents causing time-outs for users.
- Added error handling for the case where an Owner/Operator is pulling Cargo Insurance from a Branch that does not have an Insurance Vendor set.
- The contents of Custom Shipment Fields should now display correctly in the Shipment view.
- The Business Fax field should now correctly appear on the Personnel view and in the Personnel edit mode.
- Deleting a Shipment should now return focus to the Order, instead of still showing the deleted Shipment.
- You should now be able to rearrange the order of Phone columns in all List views.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the browser ‘Back’ button to return to the same page.
Administration- You can now create negative value Receivable Charges.
- Fixed a rounding error in the Incoming Payment Wizard that only affected very large incoming sums.
- You can now open Bills directly from the Owner/Operator Pay wizard.
- "Awaiting POD" column is now updating properly in the Invoicing List view.
- The Customer email should now automatically populate when emailing an Invoice, in cases where the specific Contact does not have their own email.
- Subject line of Batch Invoice emails should now include the full Invoice/Batch number.
Reports- Fixed an error in the Profit by Customer detail report that was showing incorrect Expense values.
- Fixed a problem where the AR Aging reports were including payments after the selected end date.
- AR Aging report should now correctly show the total in the 91+ column.
- Added a Vendor filter to the AP Aging Report.
- Added a 1099 Details Report.
Operations- Fixed several issues surrounding Quote and Order List view permissions.
- Carrier Remit Name, Carrier Legal Name, and Customer Legal Name are no longer required to be unique.
Administration- Can now sort/search by the ‘Approved’ column within the Invoicing list.
Tools- Rearranged the order of columns within the Equipment Status tool.
Customer Portal- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Payment record details from opening properly.
- Renamed 'Notes' within Shipment create to clearly distinguish between Shipment and Consignee.
- Added Ship and Cons Reference number within Shipment List.
Operations- The Currency field on the Order List should now correctly display ‘USD’ or ‘CAD’ instead of ‘True’ or ‘False’.
- Made several minor improvements to the new Revenue Allocation system.
- Fixed order list advanced filtering.
- Fixed customer balance details.
Administration- Fixed Profit by Customer report parameters.
- Fixed Customer Credit History currency buttons.
New Features- Added Revenue Cost Allocation, the ability to allocate Revenue across multiple Shipments/Dispatches.
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing the Posted Date to be overwritten on existing Bills, when processing an Incoming Payment via the Incoming Payment Wizard.
- Fixed a bug where mileage calculation errors would not display.
Administration- Fixed a bug when manually Posting a Bill that resulted in the wrong Scheduled Pay Date.
Customer Portal- Refreshing the page no longer results in logging out of the Customer Portal.
Operations- Fixed a bug with the way dates were displaying in MacroPoint tracking statuses.
Administration- Added an ‘Invoice Mailed’ field to Order Records that tracks when the Invoice was emailed to the Customer.
- Renamed the ‘Incoming Invoice Wizard’ to’ Incoming Bill Wizard’.
Operations- Fixed a bug relating to validating trailer length on Dispatches.
- Improved performance for Advanced Search on the Dispatch List.
- Customer credit should now be checking correctly when attempting to create Orders (when option is enabled in Settings.)
- Fixed a bug in Automatic Vendor pay.
- Fixed a performance issue when attempting to assign Vendor for Personnel auto-pay.
General- Improved messaging upon user-submitted feedback.
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing some Trailers to incorrectly appear ‘out of service’, and therefore unavailable for Dispatches.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a 500 error when attempting to calculate certain Automatic Payables.
- Trailer length is now checked when first assigning the Trailer to the Dispatch.
General- Added a direct link to Video help to the Settings & Configuration (gears) menu.
Operations- Added City information to the MacroPoint tracking display.
- Equipment List 'Unit type' column fixed.
- Tweaked the way auto payable currency works when creating under dispatches.
Administration- It is now possible to add more than two digits past decimal on Revenue item units.
- Improved the ‘choose existing bill’ functionality in the Incoming Invoice Wizard.
- Fixed a bug with the Carrier and Tractor fields on the Invoice list Advanced Search.
- The ‘Age Based On’ setting under Orders configuration should now be properly aging Invoices.
Carrier Portal- Fixed bug with ‘Next’ button on My Dispatches list.
General- Made improvements to the User Management screen to make it easier to identify ‘Admin’ accounts.
Operations- Fixed an issue with the breadcrumb not appearing when opening a Contact via the Vendor record.
- Fixed several issues that were causing mileage to calculate incorrectly with our new mapping provider.
- MacroPoint timestamps should now display correctly.
- It is now possible to sort, filter and search Tasks in the Task list.
- Added the ability to add a vendor directly from the Insurance tab of a Branch record.
- Fixed an issue wit the Automatic Payables mode ‘Move all automatic payables to this vendor’ where the system would ask for a Personnel record, rather than a Vendor record, as the target.
Administration- Fixed a bug where the Remit Name would not populate correctly when creating a Bill payment.
- "Print Invoices" security now works properly.
Carrier Portal- The lists in the Carrier Portal now include a record count at the bottom of lists.
- Added the ability to differentiate between active and delivered dispatches.
- Fixed a bug causing some active Dispatches to not display on the list.
Operations- Added an address summary below the ‘Location’ drop-down in the Edit Shipment, to allow users to quickly double-check that they have selected the correct location.
- ‘Owned By’ field added to Advanced Search on the Equipment list.
- Fixed a bug when posting a load to ITS where the load type (full/partial) was not being sent over correctly.
Administration- Fixed a bug where Previous/Next page buttons were not appearing on the Invoicing List.
Operations- Fixed a bug where you could not view an obsoleted Personnel record.
Administration- The Incoming Invoice Wizard has been significantly updated.
- Added the ability to export lists from several of the Administration modules (Invoices, Payables, Receivables.) The lists will export as a .csv file.
- You can now set the number of Invoices to show per page on the Invoice list (default is 10).
- Fixed a bug where Automatic Payables that were being moved between USD and CAD were not properly converting according to the current exchange rate.
- Fixed an issue with user security permissions not working correctly on the Invoice list.
- Fixed a bug where Vendor records set to take their Insurance ‘from Branch’ were not showing as having active insurance.
Customer Portal- Customers can now sort Invoices by Aging Day.
POD Complete- Shipper and Consignee locations now include phone numbers, which can be called directly from the user’s phone.
Operations- Added ‘Employee Number’ to the available columns on the Personnel list.
General- Fixed an issue in user security settings that was causing the system to not display certain Dispatches an Orders, for users who were assigned as Account or Sales reps on those records.
Administration- Fixed a bug where the Driver Pay Wizard would not show any available Personnel to pay, even when related Bills had been posted.
Operations- Numerous improvements made to the layout and labeling in the Shipment Record view.
- Fixed a bug related to activating/deactivating Personnel records.
- You can no longer obsolete a personnel record that is an active registered user.
- Fixed a bug where editing a Personnel or Customer record would show the legacy screen.
- "Registry Expiry" fields are now available on all equipment types.
- Fixed a bug causing users to receive an ‘Equipment Type cannot be empty’ error while attempting to edit Equipment records that had an Equipment type set.
- Fixed an issue causing FSC charges to not update in a timely fashion when adding/removing/editing revenue lines.
- The Remit Name should now correctly default to the Internal Name when creating a Vendor.
- The ‘Branch’ field will now automatically populate when creating a customer record.
- Copying an Order will no longer default to the legacy Order view for the newly-created Order.
- Fixed a bug where Customers created using our new record view were not automatically creating a Location based on that Customer address.
- When e-mailing a Trip Manifest, the driver’s email address will automatically be entered in the ‘to:’ field.
Administration- Fixed a bug causing Bill Dates to change upon posting a Bill.
Tools- Fixed an issue causing the total amount on the Trial Balance report to not match the total amount from Invoices posted.
Minor Changes/Fixes- When posting anything from the system all dates are now set to midnight (UTC).
- Users no longer have to be verified in order to request a password reset.
- Fixed a bug with user security where the ‘Branch = My Branch’ setting was not being properly checked.
Operations- You can now place an Order on hold, which changes its status in the List view, and makes it impossible to Dispatch until the hold is removed. This is mostly used for Orders to Customers who have exceeded their credit, or have other credit issues. - Changed layout of Equipment Service View. - You can now add an end date to an equipment service record.
Administration- Fixed a bug where related Bills would not be posted when only posting (not transmiting) an Invoice with related Bills.
General- New users will now have access to a number of orientation/’getting started’ tutorials, to guide them through the basics of the application.
Operations- The Macropoint tracking window should now display correctly from the Dispatch view. - The Register driver button should now be working correctly in the new Personnel view. - Made a number of minor changes to labeling and layout on Equipment record view.
Administration- Fixed a bug which would cause the system to hang when attempting to add a revenue item that already exists.
QuickBooks Online- Fixed an issue which was preventing Invoice Adjustments from showing in the sync window.
Operations- Made a number of improvements to the labeling and layout/display of Equipment records. - Fixed a bug where the Units and Unit Rate would not save correctly when adding or editing Automatic Payables.
Tools- Added a Shipment Summary report. - Fixed a bug in the Equipment Status list where clicking the ‘Next Dispatch’ link would open the current Dispatch instead.
General- Introduced a new Password Management/Reset system. New users will now be prompted to set their own passwords, rather than having them set by the Admin user.
- Made significantly more data/columns available in the ‘Available Columns’ and advanced search filtering on Orders, Dispatches, Receivables, Payables, Vendor, Personnel and Quotes lists.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users who didn't have "View Security" permission to access security from individual Personnel records.
Administration- Fixed an issue with Vendor Pay where previously fully paid bills, which have since been adjusted, were not showing on the next payment.
QuickBooks Online- Fixed an issue where the QB login screen was not being displayed correctly for all users.
Operations- Added the ability to add Revenue items with more than 2 decimals in the unit rate field.
Live Beta- Made a large number of layout and labeling changes to the beta CRV screens.
Operations- Fixed a bug where the Carrier Name drop-down was not populating in the Order list Advanced Search.
- Changed labels on ‘Shipper’ and ‘Consignee’ columns in the Dispatch list to be consistent with other parts of the application (Pick-up and Delivery.)
- The map view for the Customer address is now hidden by default.
Administration- Fixed a bug where FSC on Revenue toggle was being incorrectly hidden upon editing revenue items.
Tools- AR reports should now properly handle write-offs.
Tools- Fixed an issue with EFS fuel import.
- Fixed an issue with bill dates not carrying across with fuel import.
Configuration- Updated list of tools under personnel security.
New Features- Added the ability to partially pay Bills. Simply enter whatever amount you are paying (in all of the ‘Pay’ wizards), then select whether you want to carry over or write off the remaining balance.
Operations- Added a "Needs Update" column to the Dispatch list. Any Dispatch with an undelivered stop on the route plan that is more than an hour past due will display ‘Yes’ in this column.
Administration- Fixed a bug where the Personnel Pay Wizard was not applying the ‘Start Check #’ field to created checks.
Customer Portal- Relabeled the status filters in the Shipments section to better communicate the shipment status. - Updated labeling and layout of numerous fields and columns in the Customer Portal.
Live Beta- Made a number of changes to the layout and labeling of fields on the beta Location view.
- Fixed a bug where editing the Internal Name would overwrite previous changes made to the Company Name field.
- Added a notification bar above the beta Vendor view to make it clear when there are problems with the record, i.e. Vendor has expired insurance.
Administration- Fixed a bug with the display of the running total in the Driver Pay Wizard.
Tools- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to import an EFS fuel file when trying to add Personnel deductions.
- Minor improvements to the Trial Balance report. Deleted charges will now be excluded, and identical charge types will now group correctly even if they come from different sources (Dispatch vs. Order.)
Configuration- Fixed a bug with Document fields when body approached 5000 character limit.
Operations- Creating a new Location will now jump to viewing that Location immediately after (as with other master records.) This does not apply to quick-creating a Location from other records.
QuickBooks- Invoice and Bill Adjustments with $0 amounts should no longer sync to QuickBooks.
- Fixed a bug with Customer/Vendor name conflicts in QuickBooks.
Configuration- Added some explanatory text to the Tax Types configuration page (of interest mostly to our Canadian customers.)
Live Beta- Users can now hide the address maps in the Vendor view.
Operations- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to open Note attachments when the attachment file name contained certain special characters.
- Fixed issue where certain Note types were not appearing under the Configuration -> Note Subjects area.
- Improved the interface when adding new Services to Equipment records.
- Formatted insurance fields to display as currency.
Administration- Users can no longer create negative Bill payments.
- Fixed a bug where clicking ‘Post With Related Bills’ when posting Invoices was not actually posting the related Bills/expenses.
- The Batch Invoice Code prefix should now correctly display in the Incoming Payment Wizard, instead of just the Batch Invoice number.
Tools- Fixed a bug with reports and timestamping to ensure that start/end dates are pulling all available data.
QuickBooks- Deleted Invoice lines are no longer being sent to QuickBooks on sync.
- The list of available items to sync will now refresh whenever you navigate between tabs/sections.
- Invoice and Bill adjustments should now be syncing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where QuickBooks synch was having trouble seeing Vendors/Customers in cases where more than 500 Vendors/Customers already existed in QuickBooks.
- Fixed minor issue where earliest transaction date would not be correctly set to 00:00 timestamp, occasionally resulting in records being missed for sync.
Operations- The Batch Code field should now appears on Orders.
- The ‘Batch Invoice’ column is now available as an Active Column in the Order List.
- Setting the ‘Customer Ref #’ required toggle to ‘On’ should now successfully save when editing the Customer record.
- Added ‘Currency’ and ‘Proof of Delivery’ fields to the Customer Quick Create (when creating a Customer as part of a new Order.)
Tools- Added a ‘Select All’ button to the Incoming Payment Wizard, allowing you to quickly pay/select all Invoices in a Batch, or apply a Payment to all available Invoices.
Live Beta Fixes- Fixed a bug that prevented users from changing the default Currency when creating a new Vendor record.
- Made a number of changes and improvements to the labels and layout of the Customer beta record view.
- Some fields will no longer appear on the Customer record view if those fields are empty. The fields will still appear in Edit mode.
General- Fixed a bug that was preventing users from emailing non-Invoice documents.
Live Beta Fixes- Multiple improvements to the Location beta screens.
New Features- Batch invoicing allows you to tag and batch multiple Invoices into a single customer-facing Invoice document, as well as process/distribute single payments from the Customer across the batched invoices.
- Added ‘quick action’ button to Dispatch list, allowing users to print Dispatch documents and complete individual Dispatches directly from the list view.
General- Fixed several issues with buttons overlapping or not displaying properly on smaller/lower resolution displays.
Operations- Fixed issue where editing a brokered Dispatch would automatically reset the Contact to the default.
- Removed validation on Weight capacity when assigning Equipment to a Dispatch.
- Fixed a bug with error validation when setting an Expiry date on Hazmat certification for Driver personnel records.
- Dispatches on the Order screen now sort by Dispatch Id.
- Fixed a bug with Equipment validation/errors around Tractor types.
- Register Driver button is no longer present if personnel record is not set to driver.
Administration- Fixed issue with automatic payables not implementing personnel default rates.
- Fixed an issue where QuickBooks synch was having trouble seeing Customers in cases where more than 500 Customers already existed in QuickBooks.
- Receivable charges that include large numbers (6+ digits) should now round correctly.
Tools- Numerous improvements to the Equipment Status tool.
Live Beta Fixes- Fixed several small bugs with MacroPoint on Dispatch view beta.
- You can now create a new Customer using the beta create screen.
- Fixed 'Cancel' not working on Vendor Beta Create.
- Hyperlinked order numbers should now link to beta Order view if beta feature is turned on.
- Improved labeling around Location fields.
SMS- Improved error messaging in the SMS configuration for cases where users attempt to enter a restricted/reserved area code.
Operations- Added a missing error message for when users send an Order to Invoicing and have not set a required Customer Reference #.
- The ‘Rating’ field on new Vendor records will now default to ‘Unrated’.
Administration- Fixed an issue where users were unable to print cheque/payment reports as part of the various Pay Wizards.
- Fixed an issue where Bills that were attached to Orders were not showing up in the Bill Posting list.
General- Added a ‘total records’ count to all lists except Quotes. Lists where records can be selected will also display the total number of currently-selected records.
Administration- Added a grand/running total to several Admin views/lists where the user is selecting multiple records to be posted/paid, e.g. Vendor Pay Wizard.
- Fixed a bug where new Bills were automatically appearing in the Bill Posting list, even when their corresponding Orders or Dispatches were not yet completed.
- Fixed a bug where the system was overriding manually-set user Bill Dates with default dates once edits were saved.
Tools- Fixed issue with QuickBooks page sometimes not letting the user proceed even when all accounts have been mapped.
- Fixed a problem with the Trial Balance report totals.
- Added a clarifying note to email dialogs that allow the user to email multiple recipients, and updated code to accept a variety of formats for entering lists of emails.
- Made a minor improvement to the script that generates the IFTA report.
Operations- Fixed several bugs that were causing various fields to display incorrectly on Shipment views.
- Added a ‘Date Created’ field for Notes.
- Fixed several bugs related to Vendor and Owner/Operator equipment type.
- Added the ability to change the Order Posting Date when editing an Order.
- Fixed rate displaying incorrectly within order view.
Administration- The label on advances in the Owner/Operator and Personnel Pay Wizard has changed from "Charge Date" to "Pay Date."
- Added 'Awaiting POD' column to order, invoicing and bill posting lists. This column allows users to see at a glance whether an Order/Invoice has a POD note attached.
General- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to ‘Show Obsolete’ on Customer and Vendor lists.
Operations- Fixed a bug with the new beta Customer create that made it impossible to add new Customers.
Administration- Fixed a bug where Bills that were being Posted directly (instead of along with an Invoice) were having their Bill Date set incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where Batch Invoice codes were not being properly displayed.
Operations- Added a ‘Quick Action’ button to the Order list. These buttons (next to the Open button on each row) allow you to copy or print the Order directly from the order list. - Automatic Payables for Driver teams should now be working correctly. - Fixed a bug that was occasionally resulting in Dispatch notes being attached to unrelated Orders. - Credit Amount should now display correctly when set as an active column on the Customer list.
Tools- Fixed a bug where the Trial Balance report was included deleted charges. - Added Grand Total to the AR Aging detail report.
QuickBooks- Bill numbers should now synch over properly to QuickBooks online (as journal number.) - Improved some of the behaviour around mapping/synching obsoleted bank accounts.
Operations- Completing a Dispatch should now automatically send any related Orders to Invoicing.
- Posted Orders will now display the post date on the new Order screen.
- Fixed a bug with security settings that was affecting the ability to select tax types when creating Revenue Items.
- Automatic payables based on mileage will now recalculate automatically whenever mileage is updated.
- Internal (text) links to Orders should now all open the new order screen, instead of the old one.
Administration- Fixed several bugs involving rounding and the display of financial data in Bills and Invoices.
ToolsMade several minor fixes to the new Data Export feature (currently available in configuration menu to admin users.)
QuickBooks- Fixed a bug where some posted Bills were not appearing to be synched to QBO.
Operations- Added the ‘post Order’ option back into the Record Controls for our new Order view.
Administration- Added ‘Select All’ and ‘Deselect All’ buttons to the Bill Posting list.
- ‘Approved’ status for Bills will now be saved when you navigate away from (and back to) the Bill Posting list.
General- The Notifications pop-up will now only show the top 5 tasks, based on the due date.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Next’ button would disappear from lists after the 10th page of results.
Administration- Owner/Operator and Vendor Pay Wizards should now correctly show amounts on adjusted Bills.
- Users should no longer be able to Post un-Dispatched Orders unless they have that security permission specifically enabled.
QuickBooks- Fixed a bug where adjusted Bills were not showing up to be synched.
Operations- Fixed a bug where the time field was being randomly set when creating Equipment Service records.
Customer Portal- Changed some labels and wording to better reflect the Customer’s perspective; eg. Order # changed to Invoice #.
General- It is now possible to export most of your data in the form of .csv files. The export tool is available through the Configuration menu, and is only available to Administrator users.
Operations- Temporarily removed the limitation on assigning tractor/trailers to multiple overlapping Dispatches; we will reinstate this once we also have configuration options in place to bypass if desired.
- Fixed a bug where Drivers were being falsely reported as having expired Medical records.
Administration- Added error handling for cases where no exchange rate exists in the exchange rate table during Posting of Invoices.
Operations- The system will no longer allow you to assign a tractor/trailer to a Dispatch that is already assigned to an existing/overlapping Dispatch. (This will eventually be a configuration option.)
- Emailing a Load Confirmation from a Dispatch will now automatically pull the e-mail from the associated Carrier contact.
- Fixed a bug with the Arrival toggles on Dispatches not working correctly.
Administration- You can now create a new Vendor from within the Incoming Invoice Wizard, for cases where the bill Vendor does not yet exist in the system.
Tools & Integrations- Added a security setting to control whether users can see/have access to the Quickbooks navigation item on the left navigation.
Operations- Added ‘Trailers’ and ‘Equipment Type’ to the available Active Columns on the Dispatch list view.
- You can now flag a Shipment as ‘hazmat’, allowing you to add additional hazmat-related information to the Shipment record. Only drivers who have hazmat certification will be available when Dispatching these shipments.
Tools- Fixed a bug with the POD Import tool.
Operations- When setting up insurance on a Vendor – Carrier or Owner/Operator record, the Company Name field will now automatically populate with any Vendor – Insurance records you have already created. - Fixed a bug with security permissions that prevented some customers from creating Shipment Instruction notes on Orders, Shipments & Dispatches.
- Fixed a bug where some Dispatches were not correctly defaulting to Brokered Carrier or Company Truck based on the company-wide configuration.
Administration- Automatic Payables based on Actual Hours should now be working properly.
- Fixed a bug where Bills would show the wrong associated Order number.
- Trying to create an Expense Item with the same name as a previous Expense Item that had been set to ‘obsolete’ will now return an error message.
Tools- Fixed a bug where importing multiple PODs at once would create POD notes on Order, but not actually attach files to the notes.
- The Trial Balance Report should now show correct amounts. Fixed a bug causing some bills to be double-counted.
QuickBooks- When synching Bill Payments to QB, the Check # will now be added to the Journal # field in the corresponding QuickBooks entry.
- Not setting an Earliest Transaction Date when synching to QuickBooks will now select all available records to sync.
Operations- Fixed a bug that was causing the Dispatch list to sort incorrectly when sorted by Trip number.
- Added the ability to Advanced Search by Bond Type and Hazmat certification to the Vendor List.
- Fixed a bug with the Location search from within Create Shipment.
Tools- Fixed several problems with the import of EFS and Comdata fuel files.
Customer Portal- The status filter buttons on the Shipments list should now correctly filter the list.
- Fixed a bug with the display of partially dispatched Shipments on the Shipments list.
- Several minor improvements to layout and interface.
Tools- Fixed a bug with the new filter by branch on Trial Balance report.
Operations- Customer reference numbers and Shipper and Consignee numbers will no longer be copied when Copying an Order.
- Added ‘Pickup Date’ to the available options when using Advanced Search on the Dispatch list.
- Improvements to Advanced Search functionality.
Administration- Added a Configuration option to set whether Orders will be automatically sent to Invoicing upon Dispatch complete. If turned off, Orders will have to be manually sent to Invoicing.
Tools- Added the option to filter by branch on the Trial Balance report.
Customer Portal- Changed some labels and wording to better reflect the Customer’s perspective; eg. Order # changed to Invoice #.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a bug where automatic payables were sometimes not generating properly on new Dispatches.
- Negative currency numbers will now correctly display with a ‘$’ prefix.
Operations- It is now possible to select between Contact emails from the To: field drop-down when emailing documents to a Customer.
- Fixed a bug where the labels on pick-up/delivery locations were reversed when Copying Orders.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a bug with the placement of the date field when setting up reminders for expiring Driver travel docs.
Operations- Copy Order will now correctly return an error message if the new orders cause the Customer to exceed their credit limit.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Data entered into unit rate and similar currency fields will no longer show as rounded past the second decimal.
- Fixed a bug where Invoices would very occasionally be created using an already-existing Invoice number.
Operations- Fixed a labelling issue with the new Copy Order functionality.
- Fixed a bug where the Copy Order was not correctly calculating the interval between default pickup/delivery dates.
- When adding a POD attachment note to an Order, the subject and description fields will now automatically populate.
- Fixed a bug where you could not actually hide the Consignee Date column using the Active Column menu.
Tools- Fixed a bug where the POD Import tool was unable to find the invoice number if it was not at the beginning of the POD file name.
- Added a filtering option for to include 0 profit Invoices on the Profit by Customer report.
Customer Portal- Fixed a bug with the display of Commodity and Dates columns in the Shipments view.
General- Emails sent from Tailwind (invoices, etc.) will now cc to the email set for the current user.
Operations- Changes have been made to how Copy Order works: you will now be prompted to change the pick-up/delivery dates as part of the copy order dialog. It will no longer be possible to create multiple copies of an order at once.
Tools- Added two new reports: GST Collected on Sales and GST Paid On Purchases.
New Features- Customer Portal: we have added the ability for our users to create a Customer Portal, allowing their Customers to log in and view Quote, Shipment and Account-related information. For more on how to use and configure the portal, you can read these help articles.
Tools- Improved error handling for when users attempt to use MacroPoint integration with invalid credentials.
General- Currency fields will now default to the preferred currency of the logged-in account when creating master records.
- Improvements to how multiple-recipient emails and related errors are handled by the system.
Operations- Fixed a bug with the generic Search on the Order List; searches should now be working properly.
- Shipper and consignee reference numbers are now cleared when copying an order.
Tools- Updated Profit By Sales report to correctly calculate costs.
Operations- Improved the ability to edit and delete Fuel Stops from within an Equipment record.
Tools- Shipment Delivery Report now includes a ‘Moved By’ column, which will show either the tractor # or the Carrier Name, depending on Dispatch type.
Administration- You should now be able to create pay deductions in the Owner Operator Pay Wizard.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a minor issue with how IFTA Reports were reporting errors on mapping Locations.
Operations- Fixed an intermittent issue where Invoice attachments were not printing correctly.
- Improved sorting on Order Number in the Order List for customers migrating from earlier versions of Tailwind.
Tools- Added an option to allow users to only Print Statements in Personnel Pay and Owner/Operator Pay Wizards, without necessarily processing the payments. Choosing to processing payments will now also print cheques by default.
Operations- Added ‘Pallets’ to the list of unit types on a Shipment.
- You are now able to Dispatch to a Carrier even if they do not have a Contact set.
Administration- Cheque Clearing list now includes an Outstanding Total column for each account.
- You can now set a specific date for Deductions and Bonuses when using the Personnel Pay Wizard.
Tools- Fixed a bug with MacroPoint integration where certain validation errors on a Dispatch were not being handled correctly.
- Users no longer need to enter their MacroPoint login when enabling MacroPoint integration in the configuration menu.
New Features- FMCSA reports are now available for Vendor – Carriers from their Vendor record.
- MacroPoint integration is now available for tracking Dispatches.
Operations- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t update the departure date on an existing Dispatch.
Operations- Fixed several field-validation bugs when creating a Quote.
Operations- Setting units to ‘metric’ in Configuration should now correctly update labels in Equipment records.
- Fixed a bug where Locations could not be adjusted in a Route Plan on Dispatches with large number of Locations.
- Fixed a bug when moving Route Plan locations on Dispatches with a very large number of shipments.
- Shipment package types should now print correctly on Invoices and Bills of Lading.
- Configuring Orders to ignore different requirements will now work correctly.
Administration- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to edit the charge type of an existing Expense Line in a Bill.
- Fixed a bug where Expense Items that derive from a percentage of Revenue were doubling the resulting values.
Tools- Fixed a bug where Reports were applying the current time to the date range, resulting in missing edge case data.
- Added ‘related Trip/Order’ field to the AP Aging Report.
Minor Fixes/Updates- You can now set the default Customer type to things other than ‘Merchant.’
Operations- Dropped Shipments will now display with their current location on the ‘Available Shipment’ list when adding a shipment to a Dispatch.
- Fixed a bug where obsolete Locations were still appearing in Location drop-downs when creating/editing a Shipment.
- Fixed a bug where Customer credit was not displaying properly if that Customer was the child of another Customer.
Administration- Fixed a bug where trying to print pay statements after the first would fail.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a bug with the labeling on empty custom fields.
General- Re-designed the landing/home page.
General- Re-designed the log-in page.
- You can now record an extension for phone numbers throughout the application.
Administration- Fixed a bug where Bills were reverting to USD currency on save.
Tools- Fixed a bug in how insurance values are displayed in the FMSCA view.
- Percentage values in FMSCA view now display to only one decimal place.
Operations- Added the ability to sort the Equipment List by Trailers/Tractors.
- Removed some Customer fields which were incorrectly appearing as available in the Location snapshot configuration.
- Fixed an issue with Personnel records where States were appearing on drop-downs even when Country was set to ‘Canada.’ - Equipment Type will now default to ‘Power Only’ when you select ‘Tractor’ as the Unit Type when creating or editing an Equipment record.
Administration- Fixed an issue with duplicating automatic payables for team driver situations/dispatches.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a bug involving decimals in the packages field on a Shipment record.
- Fixed formatting for the Postal/Zip Codes on Shipment view.
- Changed Login screen button colour.
General- Improved in-app help messaging, including links to help articles and videos for major workflow tasks.
- Improved messaging to users when their database has gone ‘Read Only’ due to payment being past due.
Operations- Added FMSCA lookup to Vendor/Carrier records; you can now access the Vendor’s FMSCA record via the ‘FMSCA’ button at the top of the Vendor view. - Added ‘Unit Type’ to the Advanced Search options for the Equipment list.
Administration- It is now possible to modify the ‘Posted date’ on an Invoice.
Tools- Fixed several bugs with advertising equipment and un-posting orders using our DAT/Load Board integration.
General- Fixed a bug where the global search was not correctly searching some Dispatch fields.
Operations- Significant improvements have been made to the Order and Dispatch lists to speed up their load times, particularly when filtering or sorting the lists. Both lists should now be loading much faster.
- Added a ‘Status’ field to the General tab on Orders and Dispatches. This is the same status used to filter the Order/Dispatch lists.
Administration- Fixed a bug where you could not edit the Bill Type in an existing Bill.
Tools- Added short descriptions for each available Report, and altered/improved layout of Report section. This should make the purpose of each Report clearer, as well as clarifying what specific data is being used.
Operations- Fixed bug where you could not edit the ‘Internal Name’ on an existing Customer.
Administration- You can now use the Advanced Search to show only Paid or Unpaid items in the Receivables and Payables list views.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed column alignment on the Profit by Customer Detail report.
General- Added messaging to login screen to recommend IE users switch browsers when using Tailwind.
Operations- It is now possible to remove a Border Crossing port from a Location if you have accidentally/unnecessarily added one.
Administration- The list of available Invoice Payments when creating a Deposit is now filtered by currency based on the selected account.
- Fixed a bug where Automatic Payables were not being immediately created or updated when changes were saved on a Dispatch segment.
- Fixed a bug in the Owner/Operator Pay Wizard where the ‘next’ button was not working. You can now pay and generated pay statements for your Owner/Operators, no matter how many bills they have outstanding.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Minor improvements to user log-in authentication logic.
General- Implemented a new back-end database connection method in an effort to improve overall system performance.
Operations- Fixed several bugs with how Order status was being tracked. Orders whose related Dispatches are marked as un-delivered or un-complete should now correctly return to the Orders list, instead of remaining on the Invoice side of the application.
- Fixed a bug where Copy Order was not correctly checking the Customer credit, causing the copied orders to time out.
- Subtotal and Total values now display only 2 decimal places.
OperationsYou can now use Advanced Search to search by Ship City and Consigment City in the Order list.
Administration- When creating or editing a Bill, the Scheduled Payment Date should now correctly default to the Posted date adjusted by the Vendor’s payment terms.
Tools- Fixed a bug where the Incoming Payment wizard could not assign a Cheque to more than a certain number of Invoices. There is no longer a limit on the number of Invoices that can be paid with a single Cheque.
- Fixed several bugs with Fuel Imports for Fleet One.
- Added a Miles Per Truck Detail report.
- An ‘Equipment Tracker’ tool has been added; this is a beta feature, which will continue to be developed over the next several patches.
General- It is no longer possible to log in to the same user account from multiple devices simultaneously.
Operations- Orders should now correctly show their status (and associated colour) in the Order list view.
- PODs that have been attached to Invoices should now correctly appear when Printing that Invoice.
- Fixed a bug where fully Invoiced orders would no longer appear in the Orders list.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Minor improvements to logic and error messaging when attempting to Advertise Equipment without having Load Boards configured.
General- Added support for in-application support and messaging. You can now get live, actual-human support from inside Tailwind! Just click on the blue icon in the bottom right.
Operations- Fixed a bug where the Order Status buttons were not actually filtering the Order list view.
- Partially-delivered Shipments that are not currently dispatched (due to a drop) will now be available when Adding a Shipment from an existing Dispatch.
Administration- Fixed a bug preventing users from entering a decimal on Unit Rates.
Tools- Improved the layout & formatting of the data in the Trial Balance report.
Minor Fixes/Updates- ‘User Defined’ fields have been renamed to ‘Custom Fields’ throughout the application.
- Resolved minor issue that was causing certain browsers to report scripts loading from ‘unauthenticated sources.’
- You can now change the Note type when editing a note in a Quote.
- Minor changes to how large currency numbers are displayed when entering data.
Changelog — v1.10
General- Fixed a bug that had removed the Dispatches module link from the left navigation.
Operations- Fixed a bug when adding Quick Locations from within a Shipment.
- Weight, # of packages, and revenue subtotal amounts should now display accurately on the Order List screen.
Tools- The ‘Process’ button should now appear correctly in the Incoming Invoice Wizard.
Changelog — v1.09
Operations- You should now be able to post to a Load Board from an Order, instead of only from a Quote.
- The to: field on Load Confirmations should now default to the email of the Dispatch/Carrier contact.
Administration- Fixed a bug where some PODs were not printing along with their related Invoice.
- Newly created Bills should now correctly auto-populate the Branch and Currency based on the Vendor selected.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Actual miles no longer incorrectly display as currency in the Revenue Per Mile report.
Changelog — v1.08
Operations- ‘Calculate mileage’ will now try to calculate mileage based on the postal/zip code if it cannot find the exact address in the mileage database.
- When creating or entering Locations, selecting a Province should now automatically populate any related Country fields.
- Location Quick Create now includes the ability to include Contact information.
- You can now open related Orders from the Shipment tab on a Dispatch.
- The General tab in the Order view now includes a link to related Quotes, if any exist.
Administration- It is now possible to add Expenses to an Order that has already been posted.
- Added the ability to filter by customer on all Accounts Receivable reports.
- You can now adjust the number of items displayed per page on the Payables and Receivables lists.
- Added Currency type to the Advanced Search options for Order, Invoice and Customer lists.
Tools- Added ability to filter by Customer to the Profit by Customer report. A ‘detail’ version of this report is also now available.
- You can now set a start date on most reports as well as an end date; the start date will default to the first day of the current month.
Minor Fixes/Updates- A message will now display to confirm when changes to your Configuration have auto-saved.
- Adjusted the position of error messages to keep them visible when moving between tabs on the related record.
- Several minor updates to a variety of reports.
- Fixed an issue with drivers/trailers not auto-populating in more complex route plans.
- Minor fixes to how certain columns are displayed in the Dispatch view.
Changelog — v1.07
General- The new ‘Advanced Search’ filtering interface is now available for all List views. This replaces the old ‘Filter’ functionality.
- Advanced Searches should now run much more quickly on larger databases.
Operations- New Dispatches will now default to assigning the current user as the Dispatch Rep.
- Fixed a bug where Copying Orders was either not working at all, or creating additional copies.
Administration- Ensured that the Revenue Item and Expense Item Unit Type list only displays items appropriate to revenue and expenses, respectively.
- Made a number of improvements and fixes to Automatic Payables.
Tools- We have added two new Accounts Payable reports: a detailed and a summary version.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a typo in the Vendor type list.
- Carrier Rate History will now sort by most recently created.
- Fixed a bug where ‘Insurance from Branch’ details were not transferring correctly to Owner/Operator records.
- Fixed a bug where Locations searches with more results than could fit on one page did not always include a ‘next’ button.
Changelog — v1.06
General- Fixed several issues with Automatic Payables not recalculating after changes to their related charges.
Operations- FMCSA information is now linked from the Vendor record.
- Insurance details should now import correctly to Owner/Operator records when selecting the 'import from Branch' option.
- Revenue items added to Orders that do not have a related shipment will now have their taxes set to 'None' by default.
Administration- Fixed an issue where FSC line items would zero their Unit Rate when created.
Minor Fixes/Updates-'Dimension - Width' should now be available to add to your Quote 'Snapshot' view.
- Updated labels in the Time Tracking for Equipment service details.
Changelog — v1.05
General- Updated the layout and text of the home page (that you see when first logging on.) Added a 'Report Feedback' button to the feedback section.
- The 'Help' link in the Settings menu now links directly to our online help documentation.
- A link has been added in the Settings menu for the TeamViewer software used by our support department to troubleshoot customer problems.
- 'Advanced Search' options are now available on the Quotes, Customers, Vendors, Invoices, Payables and Locations lists.
Operations- It is now possible to quickly create records (such as Location or Customer records) from within Orders, Quotes and Shipments -- this should make it easier to add new data without disrupting your current workflow. A '+' will appear next to records where this option is available.
Tools- Added a date range to several reports: Revenue Per Sales Rep, Revenue Per Account Rep, Number of Loads Per Sales Rep, and Number of Loads Per Customer.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Fixed a bug where Tailwind was creating duplicate Tasks in some circumstances.
Changelog — v1.04
General- Updated the application home page with some useful links and information.
- Links to help documentation will now open in a new tab, rather than replacing the existing Tailwind application page.
Operations- Posting a Quote or Order to Load Boards should now be working correctly
Tools- Added the option to choose a date range to the Loads Per Account Rep report.
- Added the option to choose a date range to the Loaded Miles % of Total report.
Minor Fixes/Updates- The Fuel Import tool will now default to creating tractor-specific records for IFTA.
- Fixed several minor bugs with the Load Confirmation report.
- Several minor improvements/fixes to the Advanced Search options for the Order List.
- Minor changes to the messaging when using the Fuel Import tool.
- Removed the e-mail field from the Vendor Snapshot, as Vendors do not have non-Contact-specific emails.
- Cleaned up some redundant information in AR Aging report.
Changelog — v1.03
General- ‘Advanced Search’ lists have been added to Dispatches, Receivables, and Payables lists. This new search option allows you to search and filter your lists by multiple criteria at once. Advanced Search replaces the existing ‘Filters’ option.
Operations- Printing from a Dispatch will now correctly generate a Load Confirmations or Trip Manifest, depending on whether you are using a brokered carrier or a company truck, respectively.
- The total mileage for a particular Dispatch will now display as part of the Route Plan tab header.
- We have added the Order/Invoice number as a searchable field in the Advanced Search.
- Fuel Surcharge Revenue items should now update to include FSC-able revenue from line items added after the FSC itself.
- Revenue items added to Orders should now default to the appropriate tax settings, based on the locations of the Order’s shipments.
Administration- We have added a ‘Related Payments’ tab to Invoices and Bills: this tab will list any CHECKs related to the Invoice/Bill, and should make it easier for you to audit the payment history. The tabs will only appear if there are related payments to display.
- Fixed a problem where deleting a payment from a Bill was not correctly resetting the Bill to allow new payments to be recreated/added.
Tools- Carrier Rate History and Customer Rate History can now be accessed directly from the Tools menu, as well as from an individual carrier or customer record.
- The Incoming Invoice Wizard will now correctly display existing bills for the selected Carrier/Vendor.
- Comdata fuel files are now supported by the Fuel Import tool.
Small Fixes/Updates- ‘User Defined’ fields have been renamed to ‘Custom Fields’.
- Fixed a bug when adding Fuel Stops to Equipment records.
- Fixed a bug where Segments on a Route Plan would sometimes get un-completed after saving the segment details.
- Fixed hyperlinks on Customer records displaying in the Order list.
- Made a number of minor improvements/fixes to various Reports.
- Added the ability to close the Route Plan map once you have opened it.
- Fixed a bug where the new Dispatch/Order/Quote Note type was not included in the ‘Notes: All’ security permission.
- Fixed a bug where reports in the Reports list were not displaying as clickable links.
Changelog — v1.02
General- A new 'Advanced Search' feature has been added to the Personnel and Order lists. The Advanced Search allows you to search your records based on a number of different criteria at once. This will eventually replace the 'Filter' option in all existing lists, so please take a look and send in any feedback you have!
- A ‘Snapshot’ tab has been introduced for the majority of records; this tab provides a summary of the most commonly-referenced information for that record.
- Tailwind has adopted and implemented SSL certification.
Operations- A 'Drivers' column has been added to the Dispatch list view. Use the 'Active Columns' button to edit which columns are displayed in your view. You will also now be able to filter and search your dispatches based on the assigned Driver.
- A new 'Instructions' note type has been added to Quotes, Orders and Dispatches. Notes of this type will be visible across all three records: any Instructions notes added to a Quote will be carried over to any Orders created from that Quote, any Dispatches created from that Order, etc.
- We have added the ability to review your Rate History for both Carriers (Vendors) and Customers. Not sure what a fair rate is for a particular route? Check to see what you've charged (or been charged) in the past.
- Added Automatic Payables functionality for Owner/Operators.
- Fixed a bug where you could not add a new Carrier Rate to a Quote without creating a full record for that Carrier.
- Batch invoice codes are now available to select when creating or editing an Order.
Administration- A 'Posted' column has been added to the Payables and Receivables list, to show whether or not the Bills/Invoices have been posted. Use the 'Active Columns' button to edit which columns are displayed in your view. You will now be able to filter and search your Payables/Receivables by Posted status.
- Accounts and Account Activity have been combined into a single 'Financial Account', which contains all the information related to the account.
Tools- EFS has been added to the list of available Vendors in our Fuel Import tool.
Minor Fixes/Updates- Added a warning before deleting a Check record in Payables.
- Minor improvements to various Snapshots.
- You can no longer set a reminder on an Equipment record if you have not a target for that reminder in Configuration.
- Fixed a spacing error when posting an Order to Load Board.
- Fixed a bug in how Service reminders were displayed. Fixed a formatting issue with the odometer in Service time tracking.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to enter decimal values to BOL lines that would then be rounded out when actually printing the BOL.
- Improved messaging around dropping a Location from the Route Plan.